Houston Child Care Injury Lawyer
Parents want their children to be safe at all times and sometimes, they trust in other people to ensure their child’s safety. When a child is injured by the negligent or careless actions of another person, it is devastating for the entire family. While you care for your child during their treatment, you will need compensation to help offset the medical bills and other losses you and your family sustained. A Houston child care injury lawyer can help you claim the full damages you are entitled to.
Common Types of Child Injuries
There are many instances in which children become injured, including swimming pool accidents, playground accidents, animal attacks, daycare accidents, and more. Some of the most common types of child injuries that result from these accidents are as follows:
- Choking: Young children are notorious for placing objects in their mouth, and many of those objects are not safe. This can lead to choking on small items, such as lids, buttons, and coins.
- Brain injuries: The skull takes more than five years to fully develop. If a child trips and falls due to a hazardous condition, they are at great risk of sustaining a brain injury.
- Broken bones: A child can suffer a fractured or broken bone in many different types of accidents, such as falling off of unsafe playground equipment.
- Suffocation: Children often do not understand that seemingly innocent items, such as packaging or plastic bags, pose a real threat of suffocation for them.
- Scrapes and cuts: All children will suffer some type of scrapes or cuts during their lifetime. However, tools and equipment that are unsafely stored, broken concrete, and broken glass can all result in serious scrapes and cuts, which could lead to infection.
- Burns: Negligent supervision around stoves, improperly stored hair treatment tools, and food that is too hot when served are just some types of accidents that result in burns to children.
- Drowning: Bath tubs, swimming pools, and even fountains all pose a drowning hazard for children.
- Strangulation: The leading cause of strangulation in children are electrical cords and cords from blinds and drapes.
When a child is injured in any type of the above accidents, or any other, it is important to determine who was liable for it.
Determining Liability in Child Injury Claims
A number of different parties may be found liable for a child injury. The most common of these are as follows:
- Negligent child care staff members: Staff members at childcare centers do not always properly supervise children, ensure their equipment is safe, or keep the facility in a clean and safe condition.
- Negligent staff in the school: Staff members within a school such as teachers, guidance counselors, and custodial staff may all act negligently and when they do, children become hurt as a result.
- Property owners: Property owners must ensure their premises are safe for children to enter. This includes owners of childcare centers, schools, and private property.
- Manufacturers: When a child is hurt by a defective product, the manufacturer can be held liable.
A Houston child injury lawyer can determine who was liable for a child’s injuries and hold them accountable for paying full damages.
Our Child Care Injury Lawyer in Houston will Fight for Your Family’s Rights
If your child has been injured due to the negligent actions of another person, our Houston child care injury lawyer at Livingston & Flowers, PLLC will fight to ensure your family’s rights are upheld. Call us today at 713-489-4400 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.